Thursday, August 25, 2011

Making & Breaking Bread


Today I introduced my friends and neighbors to rosemary onion bread. I was able to use one of the large earthen ovens without charge and it turned out really well considsing it vanished before it had a chance to cool. A couple months from now I plan to build a small oven on my compound so I can bake bread on the weekends and have pizza with my neighbors (I have yet to find a local source for cheese). Food is shared almost always between people in Ethiopian culture, to the point that it is considered rude to eat in front of someone and not encourage sharing that food being eaten. In the smaller towns, such as where I live, one feels the pressures to share with strangers at restaurants. The photo above is the rosemary onion bread in its aura of deliciousness before it was consumed shortly afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment